Social media refers to means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.
The term 'Social media' is a very broad term but can be broken into separate categories:
- Social Bookmarking. ( Pinterest, Blinklist, Simpy) Interact by tagging websites that you like and searching through websites bookmarked by other people. You can follow friends or other people to see what they 'like.'
- Social News. (Digg, Propeller, Reddit) Interact by voting for articles and commenting on them.
- Social Networking. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) Interact by adding friends, commenting on profiles, joining groups and having discussions.
- Social Photo and Video Sharing. (YouTube, Flickr, Vine) Interact by sharing photos or videos and commenting on user submissions.
- Wikis. (Wikipedia, Wikia) Interact by adding articles and editing existing articles.
- Messanging (SnapChat, Line, TextFree) These applications work more as a messaging service.
See Social Media posts:
CreativeMinds WordPress Plugin Super Tooltip Glossary